Emotional Intelligence (EI)
Building and maintaining effective relationships is not only critical to our success at work, but to our survival as a species. Emotional Intelligence is a key set of specific skills that helps us build, maintain and enhance our relationships with others. These same skills also help us manage our stress, make more effective decisions and build our personal resilience.
Assessing Emotional Intelligence using Genos Feedback
Developing our EI is most effectively achieved through understanding our strengths and opportunities for development. With the gift of greater self-awareness, we can be more conscious of when our emotions might be aligning or misaligning with the task at hand and we can choose how to behave to interact more effectively with the people around us.
We use the Genos Emotional Intelligence Assessments and tools to assess and build Emotional Intelligence (EI). These are based on 2 Models of EI –
- EI Workplace Behaviours which is used for Team Contributors and Specialists (and for Sales People with Customers included as raters)
- EI Leadership which is used for Emerging Leaders, Middle and Senior Management
The Genos Emotional Intelligence feedback model consists of six competencies:
- Awareness of Others
- Emotional Reasoning
- Inspiring Performance (Positive Influence for individual contributors)
Genos offers 3 types of assessment (self, 180° and 360°). The assessment reports offer the opportunity for self-assessment only, feedback from a single group (180) and feedback from multiple rater groups (360). Each report uses a ‘traffic light’ methodology to easily depict the gaps between the importance and demonstration of each competency.
How the Assessments can be used
- Team Development
- Training Evaluation – use at the start of a skills development program with a repeat post training to measure any changes
- Onboarding - use the self-report at the 3 month point after joining an organisation then follow up with a 180° or 360°assessment after 6 months to gain feedback from others
- Customer Relations – use with sales customers to discuss ways to work better together
Our Emotional Intelligence Workshops
In our Emotional Intelligence workshops, we start by explaining the science behind EI and help people gain a baseline understanding of what constitutes productive and unproductive emotions. We integrate insights from Neuroscience to help participants become more conscious of their stressors and emotional triggers and equip them with practical tools and strategies to demonstrate more productive and helpful emotions in the real-life situations they face.
Our EI workshops are designed to help:
- Develop increased levels of self-awareness
- Build an understanding of how emotions impact the results we get
- Enhance our ability to observe emotions in ourselves and others
- Choose our emotions intelligently to align more effectively with the situation we face
- Apply effective self-management tools and strategies to build our emotional intelligence and resilience
- Build our capacity to be more present, genuine and effective with others
Workshops can be customised to meet your organisation’s specific needs and supported by follow-up one-on-one coaching if required. Please contact us for more information.