Emotional Intelligence (EI)
Building and maintaining effective relationships is critical to our success at work. Emotional Intelligence is a key set of specific skills that helps us build, maintain and enhance our relationships with others. These same skills also help us manage our stress, make more effective decisions and build our personal resilience.
Assessing Emotional Intelligence using Genos Feedback
We use Genos Emotional Intelligence Assessments and tools to assess Emotional Intelligence (EI) and provide an understanding of strengths and opportunities for development. With the gift of greater self-awareness, we can be more conscious of when our emotions might be aligning or misaligning with the task at hand and we can choose how to behave to interact more effectively with the people around us.
We use the Genos Emotional Intelligence feedback model which consists of 6 competencies:
- Awareness of Others
- Emotional Reasoning
- Inspiring Performance (Positive Influence for individual contributors)
How the Assessments can be used
There are 3 types of assessment (self, 180º and 360º) to support:
- Team Development
- Training Evaluation – use at the start of a skills development program with a repeat post-training to measure any changes
- Onboarding - use the self-report at the 3-month point after joining an organisation then follow up with a 180° or 360°assessment after 6 months to gain feedback from others
- Customer Relations – use with sales customers to discuss ways to work better together
Our One-on-One Coaching and Emotional Intelligence Workshops
In our Emotional Intelligence workshops, we start by explaining the science behind EI and help people gain a baseline understanding of what constitutes productive and unproductive emotions.
We integrate insights from Neuroscience to help participants become more conscious of their stressors and emotional triggers and equip them with practical tools and strategies to demonstrate more productive and helpful emotions in the real-life situations they face.
Our EI workshops are designed to help:
- Develop increased levels of self-awareness
- Build an understanding of how emotions impact the results we get
- Enhance our ability to observe emotions in ourselves and others
- Enable us to choose our emotions intelligently to align more effectively with the situation we face
- Apply effective self-management tools and strategies to build our emotional intelligence and resilience
- Build our capacity to be more present, genuine, and effective with others
Workshops can be customised to meet your organisation’s specific needs and supported by follow-up one-on-one coaching. Please contact us for more information.