We focus on helping people leaders create the conditions for their people to succeed and we offer a range of options to support Leadership Development.
Our Leadership Academy
Our Leadership Academy program offers an integrated and practical ‘blended learning’ approach to leadership development. Face to face trainer-led workshops are supported by on-line pre-work and post-work activities to reinforce the workshop learning. The workshops are tailored to meet client needs and use a variety of methodology and media to ensure learning is interactive, focused, and engaging. Activities include:
- creating and/or integrating DVD material to present information/case studies
- working together to share ideas, solve problems, discuss issues
- rehearsing behaviours and undertaking skill practices
- time for guided self-reflection and team discussions
Customised Leadership Development Programs
We offer Leadership Assessment tools, customised Training Workshops and Executive Coaching to support leadership development. Our Workshops include:
People Leader as a Coach Program
This program provides leaders and managers with the skills to:
- incorporate coaching into their current role to develop their teams
- provide specific and meaningful feedback
- use a coaching framework (GROW) to plan for, and guide, coaching conversations
- undertake challenging conversations to raise issues and address declining poor performance
- apply a coaching process that results in clear agreements and commitment to action
The Program can be delivered as a blended learning option supported by an on-line workshop and optional follow-up one-on-one coaching.
Situational Leadership II Workshop
Situational Leadership II (SLII) is a model of leadership designed to be used by leaders and managers to build their team members’ competence and harness their commitment to achieve results. The Workshop helps leaders understand how to apply a range of leadership styles to influence and motivate people to achieve and sustain high performance. It also includes a self-analysis questionnaire to increase the leader’s self-awareness and knowledge of his/her own approach to leadership.
Using 360° Feedback
We know that the ability to be self-aware is a key component of Emotional Intelligence and is crucial for supporting our own personal journey of development. We also know from the world of Positive Psychology and Neuroscience that self-aware people are better able to manage themselves in ways which contribute to the success of the organisations they work in.
Our Academy provides an integrated approach to developing leaders and incorporates the use of assessment instruments to increase leaders’ self-awareness. Each tool is supported by coaching to debrief the assessment and to plan the follow-up development.
360° Facilitated Feedback supports individual and team development. It is based on the premise that the best people to give feedback to a manager are those being managed. The process is supported by one-on-one debriefing, and if required, facilitation at a team level to maximise its benefits.
360° Linking Skills (Team Management Systems) offers individuals multi-rater feedback on the leader’s perceived performance in 13 key managerial skills. It identifies respondents’ differing priorities and their levels of satisfaction with the skills demonstrated.
The MBSLA leadership assessment is unique in enabling leaders to directly assess, target and improve functions of the brain crucial to maximising performance. It provides a baseline assessment of 17 conscious and non-conscious brain functions and is supported by targeted follow up development of these critical areas through online exercises to optimise the performance of the brain.
With this tool leaders can improve their performance by measuring and enhancing:
- cognitive activities such as attention, memory and executive function (planning and goal orientation)
- non-conscious social functions such as emotional cues and biases
- feeling functions such as stress, anxiety and mood levels
- capacities to self-regulate such as resilience, social capacity, positivity-negativity tendencies
A confidential 1.5 hour debrief is provided, along with an accurately targeted set of brain training exercises. All participants have access to the online program for 12-months and are able to reassess during that time without additional cost.